EVERETT, Mass. — Wynn officials say they’ll be adding hundreds more construction workers as the building of a $2 billion Boston-area casino starts after years of legal fights.
Wynn Boston Harbor President Robert DeSalvio and other project leaders spoke Thursday at the Everett waterfront construction site.
Chris Gordon, the project’s design and development head, said 150 workers are currently on site, but there will be about 500 workers by the year’s end.
Up to 4,000 workers are expected to help build the hotel, casino and entertainment complex. The Las Vegas company says it’s the largest private single-phase development in Massachusetts history.
Wynn had hoped to break ground in April but nearby cities sued for years to block it. Wynn cleared a major legal obstacle last month and now intends a June 2019 opening.