Four men were indicted by a grand jury in the kidnapping of a 17-year-old girl from her Henderson home in August for a $100,000 ransom, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Alejandro Manuel Sanchez-Sanchez, 25, Cesar Sanchez, 30, Jose Sanchez-Perez, 26, and Mariano Sanchez-Sanchez, 23, each face multiple charges of kidnapping, extortion, burglary and conspiracy.
Judge Linda Bell ordered the four men held at the Clark County Detention Center on $2 million bail.
An arraignment hearing was set for Nov. 6 before Judge Valorie Vega.
Authorities said Alejandro Manuel Sanchez-Sanchez and Cesar Sanchez snatched Melissa Duran at her Henderson home about 7:30 a.m. Aug. 31. She was rescued less than 24 hours later by a Henderson police SWAT team.
According to a police report, the defendants called Duran’s parents from a cellphone registered to one of the men at an apartment on Flower Avenue in Las Vegas. Officers staked out the complex and saw the suspects enter three units.
At about 4:30 a.m. Sept. 1, Duran was rescued, and two of the men were arrested, during the raid. At least one of the defendants had worked with Duran’s father.
Duran had been tied up and kept without food and water for more than 20 hours, but was otherwise unharmed. Authorities say the kidnappers told her parents she would be killed.
Contact reporter Francis McCabe at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-380-1039.