weather icon Windy

Fourth juvenile admits to fatal beating of Rancho High student

Updated February 8, 2024 - 6:39 pm

A fourth teenager has admitted to a voluntary manslaughter charge in the fatal beating of a 17-year-old Rancho High School student.

The juvenile wore a bright orange inmate’s jumpsuit on Thursday during a Family Court hearing. He is one of five charged teenagers whose cases remain in the juvenile court system because they are under the age of 16.

Police have arrested nine teens in connection with the death of Jonathan Lewis, who was attacked near Rancho High School on Nov. 1 and died of his injuries six days later. The fatal beating was captured on a video that showed teens stomping, kicking and punching Lewis until he fell unconscious.

The names of the defendants in juvenile court have not been publicly released. Three other juveniles have entered guilty admissions since last week, and a fifth juvenile is set to undergo further mental health evaluations requested by his attorney.

Four of the nine teenagers who were arrested — Treavion Randolph, 16, Dontral Beaver, 16, Damien Hernandez, 18, and Gianni Robinson, 17 — have been charged as adults because of their ages. They have been indicted on charges of second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit battery and have pleaded not guilty.

The juveniles who have entered guilty admissions in Family Court will be sent to a correctional facility overseen by the Division of Child and Family Services. They will be released after completing rehabilitation programs while in custody, and they cannot be held past the age of 21.

Contact Katelyn Newberg at knewberg@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0240.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
O.J. on trial in Las Vegas — PHOTOS

Infamously acquitted for the 1994 murders of his ex-wife and her friend, the NFL legend found himself in another trial after an incident at Palace Station.

O.J. Simpson dies in Las Vegas at 76 after cancer battle

O.J. Simpson, the NFL great who was acquitted of the murders of his ex-wife and her friend in one of the most notorious trials of the 20th century, and was later incarcerated in Nevada for an unrelated robbery, died of cancer.