Here are a few things in news, entertainment, sports and popular culture that we’ve been talking about lately.
* The federal “cash for clunkers” program is wildly successful. Now if Congress would only start a “cash to get that old sofa off of your neighbor’s front porch” program.
* Las Vegans outlast the fifth warmest July ever. It felt good to open up the last little door on our “31 Days of Dehydration” calendar.
* Las Vegas loses a spot as one of the meanest cities to homeless people. Because Las Vegas is Shangri-La to homeless people right now.
* A Massachusetts mom is shocked to see a photo of her baby son on a bogus Craigslist adoption ad. Man, we’re never going to trust Craigslist aga … whoa! Nice guitar!
* Vanity Fair magazine reports that an unaware Ryan O’Neal hit on daughter Tatum O’Neal at Farrah Fawcett’s funeral. Well, aren’t dads supposed to be involved in their kids’ lives?
* Video of Tiger Woods (allegedly) passing gas at the Buick Open spreads through the Internet. Oh yeah. This is why the Internet was created.
JOHN PRZYBYS (firstname.lastname@example.org)