Here are a few things in news, entertainment and popular culture that we’ve been talking about lately.
* A descending set piece bonks Poison frontman Bret Michaels on the head during a Tony Awards performance. Fitting cosmic payback for the headache we get whenever we stumble across his bottom-feeder VH1 reality show.
* Lounge legend and longtime Las Vegan Sam Butera passes away. And the heavenly choirs will wail to a swingin’ shuffle beat.
* Publicity-addicted heiress Paris Hilton takes her “My New BFF” reality show to Dubai. Please, oh please, let the next installment be “My New BFF: North Korea.”
* A Harvard business school professor says more than 90 percent of Twitter tweets come from 10 percent of Twitter users. The other 90 percent experience sudden attacks of anti-narcissistic maturity and decide to just live their lives already.
* Bette Midler marks the 100th performance of “The Showgirl Must Go On” at Caesars Palace. Divine.
JOHN PRZYBYS (email@example.com)