Here are a few of the things in news, entertainment and popular culture that people — not necessarily you but, you know, people — were talking about last week:
• Former George Clooney girlfriend/ex-Palms cocktail server Sarah Larson tells reporters she’s looking for a house in Los Angeles. And, inexplicably, reporters seem to care.
• The Erotic Heritage Museum prepares to open in Las Vegas. Bring on some of that culture! (Exhibit we’d like to see: “Draw ‘Bubbles’: The Semiotics of the Tijuana Bible.”)
• Media ethicists give KVVU-TV, Channel 5’s morning newscast grief for shilling for McDonald’s coffee on-air. On the bright side, not even McDonald’s can afford to rent Monica Jackson’s ego.
• “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” co-star Shia LaBeouf detained on suspicion of drunken driving after rolling his car in a Hollywood collision. OK, OK, we take it back: You do do your own stunts.
• TMZ.com reports that Britney Spears and Palms owner George Maloof vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. What, running a Las Vegas casino in a shaky economy isn’t enough of a challenge?
By JOHN PRZYBYS