Here are a few of the things in news, entertainment and popular culture that we’ve been talking about lately.
• Pamela Anderson’s life becomes fodder for a reality TV show. When has Pamela Anderson’s life not been fodder for a reality TV show? The woman probably did a screen test for her own ultrasound.
• J.C. Penney re-creates scenes from the 1985 film “The Breakfast Club” for a back-to-school TV ad. Re-creating scenes from that same year’s “Rambo: First Blood Part II” was too hard on the clothes.
• Ryan Seacrest says he was bitten by a shark. Never turn your back on Simon when he’s hungry.
• Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s 4-week-old twins land the cover of People magazine. Apparently, Highlights for Children couldn’t pony up the $14 million that People paid.
• A golden retriever at a Kansas zoo has adopted three tiger cubs that their mother abandoned. So adorable, until you remember that this is one of the signs of the end times as foretold by the prophet Bill Murray in “Ghostbusters.”
What have you been talking about? Let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).