Man burned in apartment fire in central valley

A man received burns to his head and arms during a kitchen fire at a central valley apartment Saturday night, the Las Vegas Fire Department said Sunday.

The fire occurred at 10:53 p.m. at 2740 E. Bonanza Road, near Eastern Avenue.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw a man hanging out his second-floor window. The man was rescued and transported to University Medical Center for first- and second-degree burns.

A neighbor suffered smoke inhalation attempting to enter the burning apartment, the fire department said. He was also treated at UMC.

The accidental fire was caused when one of the electrical burners on the stove was left on with a pan of food on it. The fire caused $15,000 in damage.

Contact reporter Antonio Planas at or 702-383-4638.

News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
You May Like

You May Like