ad-fullscreen

One injured in Mesquite plastic plant explosion

A man was flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas after he was burned in a fire at a Mesquite plastics plant Wednesday morning, the Mesquite Fire Department said.

The man was working on a small electrical box in the Primex Plastics plant, 752 Turtleback Road, when dust particles sparked and caught fire about 10 a.m., said Fire Chief Kash Christopher.

No one else was injured in the fire, which was put out by plant employees before emergency workers arrived, Kash said.

The man was seriously burned on his upper torso, Kash said. His name was not released Wednesday afternoon.

According to Mesquite fire officials, the factory was operational again by the end of the day.

Review-Journal writer Annalise Little contributed to this report.

Contact reporter Kimberly De La Cruz at 702-383-0381, kdelacruz@reviewjournal.com or on Twitter @KimberlyinLV.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like