(BPT) – The holiday season is a time to celebrate family by giving and receiving gifts, but it can quickly get expensive. Black Friday deals offer great opportunities to save on gifts for everyone on your list without sacrificing quality. Navigate the hectic post-Thanksgiving shopping scene like a champ, and save more money with these five tips and tricks.
1. Plan ahead. Many retailers start posting deals online ahead of time, and there are even mobile apps and websites dedicated to organizing Black Friday offers. Check them out before Thanksgiving and start mapping out your Black Friday plan of attack!
2. Shop in-person and online. Black Friday is known for shopping in-store, but maybe you didn’t find everything on your gift list. Many deals are also available exclusively online, so use the weekend to scope them out. Take advantage of retailers’ Cyber Monday deals to make sure you get everything you need – without breaking the bank.
3. Set discount guidelines. Don’t fall victim to “door buster” or other flashy, short-term sales that don’t offer that great of a deal. Make sure you’re getting the best savings by setting discount guidelines for yourself. For example, only look for sales where items are at least 40 percent off, ensuring higher savings.
4. Prioritize electronics. Black Friday is traditionally one of the best times to purchase consumer electronics, from televisions to smartphones. You can score great deals on top smartphones, like the Samsung Galaxy S5, available for only $229 and the iPhone 5s is also just $299, both available from Straight Talk Wireless exclusively at Walmart. Whether you’ve got Android or Apple fans on your list, Straight Talk makes it easy to save money without having to compromise quality, offering 30-day unlimited talk and text plans for just $45 with up to 5GB of high-speed data.
5. Stay on budget with cash. Set a budget before you hit the stores, and shop with cash so you don’t get tempted to make impulse purchases. Once the cash is gone, you’re done Black Friday shopping for the day — and can go take a well-deserved nap!
With a little planning, Black Friday shopping can be a great way to relieve much of the stress of holiday shopping. Follow these five tips to save and spend smarter, and to learn more about affordable options available from Straight Talk Wireless, visit StraightTalk.com.