Five Ohio State football players to watch when UNLV visits the No. 10 Buckeyes at 9 a.m. PDT Saturday:
1. Quarterback J.T. Barrett, senior. There was some hand-wringing in Columbus after Barrett struggled to open the season, but he completed 25 of 33 passes for 270 yards and accounted for three touchdowns on Saturday against Army. Also broke Drew Brees’ Big Ten Conference record with his 107th career touchdown pass.
2. Defensive end Tyquan Lewis, senior. Was the Big Ten defensive lineman of the year last season. Helped hold the Black Knights’ rushing attack to 158 yards below its season rushing average. Has 18.5 career sacks.
3. Center Billy Price, senior. Has started 44 consecutive games, and is on the watch list for the Rimington Award, which goes to the nation’s top center. Was named a first-team All-American last season by the American Football Coaches Association.
4. Running back J.K. Dobbins, freshman. Has filled in for Mike Weber, who has been limited with a hamstring injury. Averages 7.7 yards per carry, and his 141.7 per-game average is 11th nationally.
5. Safety Damon Webb, senior. Recorded nine tackles each of the past two weeks, against Oklahoma and Army. Started all 13 games last season and was honorable mention all-conference.
Contact Mark Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow @markanderson65 on Twitter.