In Your Neighborhood
A five-week free workshop series led by Dan Decker of the Shakespeare Institute of Nevada is scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon May 3, 10, 24 and 31 and from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. May 17 at the Green Valley Library, 2797 N. Green Valley Parkway. Adult participants will be assigned a monologue, soliloquy or sonnet to work on for four weeks culminating in a public performance at the fifth session. Registration and participation in all five sessions are required to perform. Visit mypubliclibrary.org or tasteofshakespeare.org or call 702-207-4260.
- The University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners, in cooperation with the city of Henderson, plan to offer free classes at Acacia Park’s Acacia Demonstration Garden, 50 Casa Del Fuego St. Classes are set to be taught by Master Gardener instructors and begin at 9 a.m. Master Gardener Dave Gaffney plans to present Safe and Sound Insect Control on May 3. Master Gardener Diane Harrison is scheduled to present Container Gardening & Raised Beds on May 10. Preregistration for classes is suggested. Visit cityofhenderson.com/parks and select Online Registration.
- Chris D’Elia is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 2-4 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $20. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- The M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South, plans a grand opening celebration of its pool season from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 3. Entrance to pools is $10 weekdays and $20 weekends. Hotel guests enter free. Visit themresort.com.
- The Atomic Punks, a Van Halen tribute group, are scheduled to perform at 8 p.m. May 3 at the Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Parkway. Tickets are $10. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- The Cherished … A Trash the Lies Womens Conference is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 3 at Green Valley Ranch Resort, 2300 Paseo Verde Parkway. The conference is slated to have discussion on women’s self-worth. Tickets cost $50, which includes lunch and a book. The event is open to women and girls 14 or older. Visit trashthelieslv.eventbrite.com.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada is scheduled to host a sport-themed Sneaker Ball at 6 p.m. May 2 at the M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South. The fundraising event is expected to feature dinner and live and silent auctions. Tickets start at $200. Visit bgchevents.org/auction.
- “The Way of Life,” featuring the art of Las Vegas resident Ivan Milosevic, is scheduled to be on display at The Gallery in the Henderson Multigenerational Center, 250 S. Green Valley Parkway, through May 16. Milosevic paints detailed Native American portraits and images that depict strong characters and a warrior’s way of life. His work is inspired by a reverence for Mother Earth. Originally from Eastern Europe, Milosevic holds a master’s degree in architecture and also attended art college. “The Way of Life” is his first public exhibition.
- More than 100 baskets constructed by the Las Vegas Paiute, Moapa Paiute, Chemehuevi, Shoshone and Panamint communities are set to be on display through May 31 for the Tribal Treasures: Regional Baskets and Their Collectors exhibit in the Heritage Gallery at the Clark County Museum, 1830 S. Boulder Highway. Visit clarkcountynv.gov.
- Nashville Unplugged is set to feature guest songwriter Rusty Kelley at 8 p.m. May 5 in Club Madrid at Sunset Station, 1301 W. Sunset Road. Doors are scheduled to open at 7 p.m. Admission is $5. Visit sunsetstation.sclv.com.
- The Magic of Motown & More is scheduled from 8 to 11 p.m. Tuesdays at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Admission is $5. Visit southpointcasino.com.
- An OV Nation Poker Tournament benefiting Opportunity Village is scheduled from 1 to 5 p.m. May 4 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Spectator admission is free. Participants may reserve a seat for free and must pay a $60 buy-in at the door. A raffle is also planned. Visit opportunityvillage.org.
Worth a Drive
- A carnival, car show and craft and antique show are slated for the Boulder City Spring Jamboree scheduled from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 3 and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 4 at 401 California Ave. Admission is free. Visit springjamboree.com.
- Fans are invited to a free all-ages sing-along screening of the film “Mamma Mia!” May 8 poolside at the Tropicana, 3801 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Gates are set to open at 7:30 p.m. with the movie beginning at 8:30 p.m. Blankets are welcome, but no chairs are allowed. Food and drink will be available for purchase, and no outside food is permitted. Raffle ticket sales will benefit Three Square food bank. Visit troplv.com.
- A performance of Grant Griffin and the Las Vegas Divas is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. May 8 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $35. Visit southpointcasino.com.
The Henderson Symphony Orchestra is slated to play at 8 p.m. May 9 at the Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Parkway. Admission is free. Visit hendersonsymphony.org.
The Boogie Wonder Band is scheduled to play at 8 p.m. May 17 at the Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Parkway. Tickets cost $10. Visit hendersonlive.com.
The Goodie Two Shoes Foundation’s sixth annual Heart n’ Sole benefit is scheduled at 5 p.m. May 17 at the M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South. The foundation provides shoes and socks for disadvantaged children. Tickets start at $150.
The event is set to include food, drinks and entertainment from rock band The Limit. Visit goodietwoshoes.org.
Rhymin’ N Stealin’, a Beastie Boys tribute band, is slated to play at 8 p.m. May 31 at the Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Parkway. Tickets cost $10 Visit hendersonlive.com.
The Coyote Under the Stars & Stripes benefit for Randy Couture’s Xtreme G.I. Foundation is scheduled for 6 p.m. May 30 at Sunset Station, 1301 W. Sunset Road. Tickets start at $39. Proceeds are scheduled to benefit veterans. Visit sclv.com.
Tickets for Junefest, set for 4 p.m. June 14 at Sunset Station, 1301 W. Sunset Road, start at $29. The event is slated to feature performances from Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Loverboy and Gary Wright. Visit sunsetstation.sclv.com.
- Bank of America customers receive free entry May 3 and 4 to the Discovery Children’s Museum, 360 Promenade Place, the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, 900 Las Vegas Blvd. North, or the Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd. Admission is offered through the bank’s Museums on Us program, which allows Bank of America customers free access to select museums on the first weekend of every month. Participants must show their U.S. Trust, Merrill Lynch or Bank of America debit or credit card to receive free admission. Visit museums.bankofamerica.com.
- Gary Puckett and Union Gap are set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 9-11 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $25. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- Dat Phan is scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 16-18 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $15. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- Comedian Ralphie May is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 23-25 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $40. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- Comedian Jerry Lewis is scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 30 and June 1 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $45. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- New Vista plans wine walks in which patrons can sample up to 20 wines hosted by Southern Wine & Spirits Nevada and Lee’s Discount Liquor from 7 to 10 p.m. May 31, Sept. 6 and Oct. 25 at The Village at Lake Las Vegas. Tickets are $25. Visit newvistanv.org.
- Galaxy Green Valley Luxury + movie theater, 4500 E. Sunset Road, plans a classics series. Films scheduled include “Babe,” June 22; “The Breakfast Club,” Aug. 24; “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Oct. 19; and “Home Alone,” Dec. 7. Tickets are $7 or $15 for two tickets and a large popcorn. Visit galaxytheaters.com.