Burning candle blamed in valley house fire


A lit candle sparked a house fire near Hualapai Way and Desert Inn Road that caused $275,000 in damage Tuesday, the Las Vegas Fire Department said.

No one was injured in the blaze, which began about 4:22 p.m. at 10024 Sailfish Circle, the department said.

The unattended candle was in an upstairs bedroom.

The fire was ruled accidental.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Stephens Media LLC. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.