Fire injures four, destroys home in northwest Las Vegas


Four people were hurt, and a home was destroyed, after a Tuesday morning fire in the northwest valley.

The fire happened just after midnight at 6624 Crosstimber Court, near Rainbow Boulevard and Gowan Road.

Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski said six people were home when the fire started: three adults, one teen and two children.

Szymanski said the fire probably was caused by a cigarette discarded in the garage.

Three people were treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation. An elderly woman who slipped while fleeing the home was taken to a hospital for a possible broken leg, he said.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage and destroyed most of the family's belongings.

The American Red Cross is helping the family.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Stephens Media LLC. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.