House fire displaces family, kills two pets


A fire at a south valley home Friday morning displaced three people and killed two pets.

Clark County firefighters responded to the 3:11 a.m. call at 7440 Shuster St., near Warm Springs Road and Valley View Boulevard, and had the blaze knocked down in a half-hour, officials said.

Investigators believe a fire in the fireplace might have spread into the home and then into the attic. Fire officials warn residents against leaving a fire unattended, even if it's in a fireplace.

A dog and a cat died in the blaze, which caused about $150,000 in damage.

Contact reporter Lawrence Mower at lmower@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0440.

 

Rules for posting comments

Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum. Read our guidelines for posting. If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon next to the comment.