House fire displaces family, kills two pets


A fire at a south valley home Friday morning displaced three people and killed two pets.

Clark County firefighters responded to the 3:11 a.m. call at 7440 Shuster St., near Warm Springs Road and Valley View Boulevard, and had the blaze knocked down in a half-hour, officials said.

Investigators believe a fire in the fireplace might have spread into the home and then into the attic. Fire officials warn residents against leaving a fire unattended, even if it's in a fireplace.

A dog and a cat died in the blaze, which caused about $150,000 in damage.

Contact reporter Lawrence Mower at lmower@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0440.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Stephens Media LLC. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.