Two treated for smoke inhalation after stove fire in apartment

Two people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after an apartment fire Thursday morning.

Just before 12:30 a.m., Las Vegas firefighters responded to the Brittany Pines apartments at 2051 Torrey Pines Dr., near Lake Mead Boulevard.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire on the stove in an apartment and put it out. There was some damage to the cabinets above the stove but damage didn’t go beyond that area.

Two occupants of the apartment were treated for minor smoke inhalation, firefighters said. Three people were displaced by the fire.

Damage was estimated at $1,500. Firefighters determined the fire was caused by a pot on the stove. It was ruled accidental.

Contact reporter Annalise Porter at aporter@reviewjournal.com.


Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.