MICAH ROBERTS’ SPRINT CUP DRIVER RATINGS
Pure Michigan 400
Michigan International Speedway, Brooklyn, Mich.
10 a.m. today, ESPN (30); race starts at 10:16
Rating DriverOddsPractice 1QualifiedPractice 2Practice 3
1. Kevin Harvick12/17th15th1st11th
2010 winner; runner-up in June race; looks best among top cars
2. Kyle Busch8/13rd10th11th18th
2011 winner; fourth in June; has most consistent car among Gibbs team
3. Jimmie Johnson5/11st3rd3rd1st
No wins in 23 starts; wrecked primary car in final practice, using backup
4. Greg Biffle10/112th16th18th3rd
Four wins, including past two events; using new car that found speed in Practice 3
5. Kasey Kahne7/118th31st2nd9th
2006 winner; three-time runner-up; using third-place Brickyard 400 chassis
6. Carl Edwards12/15th19th8th21st
Two-time winner, the last in 2008; using eighth-place chassis from June race
7. J. Montoya60/12nd6th4th2nd
Was told he won’t be driving No. 42 in 2014, then has best practices of year
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr.10/18th7th17th13th
Past two wins have come here; top 10 consecutive lap average in Practice 3
9. Joey Logano25/14th1st15th22nd
Placed ninth in June race, but led three times for 21 laps
10. Kurt Busch12/111th2nd6th4th
2007 winner; only Montoya looked better in final practices
Note: This is the second race of the season on Michigan’s 2-mile, D-shaped oval. Greg Biffle won the June 16 race.
Odds courtesy of LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports book director in Las Vegas, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1995. For more postpractice analysis, visit The Linemakers on Sporting News.com or follow @MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.