Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year, but it’s also one of the most expensive. In 2015, Americans spent an estimated $18.9 billion celebrating their loved ones — with people spending an average of $142.31 on candy, flowers, clothing and more. This year, spending is expected to reach an all time high — $19.7 billion — according to a National Retail Federation survey.
Feb. 14 is a day to celebrate love and romance, so it’s important not to lose sight of what matters most. Remember, it’s not how much money you spend on Valentine’s Day gifts that counts, it’s the company you keep. If your Valentine’s Day 2016 plans are constrained by a limited budget, you can still join in the fun without breaking the bank. Check out these 23 Valentine’s Day deals from some of your favorite retailers.
Valentine’s Day Sales on Flowers, Candy and Cards
Cut costs on traditional gifts for the holiday with these Valentine’s Day coupons for flowers, snacks and greeting cards. Whether you’re sending something to someone far away, or bringing a gift to someone close, these deals will help you save.
- 1-800-Flowers: Take 15 percent off any Valentine’s Day purchase with code FNFCUPID until Feb. 14.
- Edible Arrangements: Coupon code HTAG0161 will save you $5 off orders of $29 and up through Dec. 31, 2017.
- My M&M’S: Use code MYSAVINGS10 to save 10 percent off your entire online order of $50 or more through March 31.
- Godiva: Use coupon code TRUFFLES for free shipping on any online order of $65 or more until March 31.
- Mrs. Fields: Save 15 percent off your order with coupon code COOKIE15 through Feb. 29.
- The Popcorn Factory: Get 25 percent off a Happy Valentine’s Day Fun Pail while supplies last. No promo code needed.
- GreetingCardUniverse.com: Save 20 percent on your purchase with code SAVE20EMAIL627.
Valentine’s Day Deals for a Fun Night Out
Take advantage of these Valentine’s Day sales and hit the town with your special someone or a group of friends.
- The Melting Pot: Enjoy a complimentary box of chocolate-covered strawberries with any purchase over $60 when you sign up for a free Club Fondue Membership.
- Restaurant.com: Get three $50 Restaurant.com gift cards for just $30.
Valentine’s Day Coupons for a Cozy Night In
Save money and enjoy a romantic night in with your significant other with these Valentine’s Day deals.
- Wine.com: Get $5 shipping on all gift baskets and gift sets with code SHIPGIFTS through Feb. 29.
- Frederick’s of Hollywood: Use coupon code FOHHOL to save 25 percent off your order of $50 or more for a limited time.
- Yankee Candle: Buy two, get one free on all large jar candles, tumbler candles and vase candles when you use coupon code WICK16 through Feb. 21.
Valentine’s Day Discounts for a Romantic Getaway
These Valentine’s Day coupons make it possible to pack your bags and whisk your loved one away without breaking your budget. Whether it’s a weekend trip just out of town, or a week-long getaway in the Caribbean, these deals can save you up to 40 percent off.
- Spafinder.com: Get 10 percent off your purchase with code LIFECARE.
- Jetsetter: Save up to 40 percent off Caribbean hotel deals through Aug. 19 on Jetsetter.com.
- Travelocity: Use code MOBILE25 to save up to $25 off your booking when using the Travelocity app.
- Hyatt: Using code AFF25 can save you up to 25 percent on stays through Feb. 22.
Valentine’s Day Bargains on Gifts for Everyone
Make gifts for your special someone a little more affordable by taking note of these Valentine’s Day deals. From jewelry to shoes to electronics, there’s something for everyone.
- Kay Jewelers: Save up to 40 percent off select jewelry as part of the retailer’s online-only Valentine’s Day sale.
- Perfumania: Coupon code PFM20 will get you 20 percent off and free shipping on any order.
- Shoebuy.com: Enter code SHOEBUY at checkout to save 20 percent off your entire order and enjoy free shipping through Feb. 29.
- Zales: Save $50 on orders of $300 or more placed with your Visa when you use code VISAWEB12 through Dec. 31.
- World Market: Enter SAVEBIG10 at checkout to get 10 percent off your purchase through Dec. 31.
- Brookstone: Use code AF80 to save $10 on purchases of $80 or more through March 30.
- BoomBotix: New customers can take 10 percent off any purchase with code TAKEOFF.
These Valentine’s Day deals, sales and discounts will allow you to enjoy the day without overspending. Use these Valentine’s Day coupons to make your plans fit your budget — whether you’re celebrating your love for a significant other, family members, friends or just want to treat yourself.
From GoBankingRates.com: 23 Valentine’s Day 2016 coupons, deals and freebies