IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Gardening in Small Places: organic gardening, a one-day workshop, is scheduled from 8 a.m. to noon June 28 at the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Lifelong Learning Center, 8050 Paradise Road. The $25 fee for the class covers materials. Visit unce.unr.edu, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 702-257-5555.
- A Showbiz Kids performance is set for 1 p.m. June 29 at Gabriella’s Restaurant, 8878 S. Eastern Ave. The event is expected to feature local young talent. Admission is free. Call 702-912-1111.
- A jazz afternoon is scheduled for 1 to 4 p.m. June 28 at Bootlegger Bistro. Performances are expected from Tom Hall and the Boss Be Bop Jazz Septet with guests the Island Boys of New Zealand. Call 702-453-8451 for reservations. Admission is $12.
- Elixir, 2920 N. Green Valley Parkway, plans to host live music from 8 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Scott Starr is scheduled for June 27 and Nick Mattera for June 28. Visit elixirlounge.net or call 702-272-0000.
- The Outdoor Picture Show on the Green is scheduled to show “Frozen” at 8 p.m. June 28 at The District at Green Valley Ranch, 2225 Village Walk Drive. Screenings are scheduled through Oct. 25. Upcoming shows planned include: July 5, “Monsters, Inc.”; July 12, “Monsters University”; and July 19, “The Goonies.” Visit shopthedistrictgvr.com/outdoorPicShow.php.
- Movies in the Square plans free activities and film screenings at sundown Thursdays through Aug. 21 on the Green at Town Square Las Vegas, 6605 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Films scheduled include “Despicable Me 2” on June 26, “Pocahontas” on July 3 and “Tarzan” on July 10. Visit mytownsquarelasvegas.com or call 702-269-5000.
- The Southern Hills Republican Women are planning to hold a luncheon at 11 a.m. June 24 at Buckman’s, 2600 Hampton Road. The event is expected to feature guest speaker Robert Massi. Tickets are $22 for members and $25 for nonmembers. Call 702-278-6652.
- The works of Chris Mazglad are slated to be on display throughout June at the City Lights Art Gallery, 3 E. Army St. Admission is free. Visit citylightsartgallery.com.
- “The World Through My Eyes,” featuring the art of Sally White, is scheduled to be on display through June 27 at The Gallery in the Henderson Multigenerational Center, 250 S. Green Valley Parkway. White enjoys capturing commonly viewed scenes and environments and presenting them in new and interesting ways. Visit cityofhenderson.com.
- The last farmer’s market of the summer is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. June 26 at The District at Green Valley Ranch, 2225 Village Walk Drive. During the event, Lululemon plans a pop-up shop, and barre3 plans a free class at 6:30 p.m. in front of the splash pad. Visit shopthedistrictgvr.com/farmersmarket.
- The Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame plans to look at the early airmail years in Nevada, recognizing the importance of connecting Southern Nevada to the Transcontinental Airmail Route and what that meant for Southern Nevada’s future in commercial aviation, during a free program at 3 p.m. June 28 at the Gibson Library, 100 W. Lake Mead Parkway. Visit mypubliclibrary.com.
- Teens are invited to a free screening of the film “Ender’s Game” at 3 p.m. July 1 at the Green Valley Library, 2797 N. Green Valley Parkway. Visit mypubliclibrary.com.
WORTH A DRIVE
- The Phat Pack, made up of musical theater performers who met through “Phantom — The Las Vegas Spectacular” — Ted Keegan, Randal Keith, Bruce Ewing and Kevan Patriquin — plans a benefit performance for Off-Strip Productions at 2 p.m. June 19 at the Onyx Theatre, 953-16B E. Sahara Ave. Tickets are $20. Visit phatpackshow.com or onyxtheatre.com or call 702-732-7225.
- Screenings of “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” and “Apollo 13” are set for June 30 at the Boulevard Pool at The Cosmopolitan, 3708 Las Vegas Blvd. South. The first film is set to start at 7 p.m. and the second at 9:30 p.m. Admission is $5 or free for hotel guests. Visit cosmopolitanlasvegas.com or call 702-698-7000.
- The 76th annual Barbershop Harmony Society International Convention and Competition is scheduled June 29 through July 6 at the MGM Grand, 3799 Las Vegas Blvd. South. The event is set to feature 24 choruses and nearly 40 quartets from around the world in head-to-head contests. A full schedule and $20 reduced-price tickets for Nevada residents are available at barbershopconvention.com/vegas.
- Super Summer Theatre plans performances of “Monty Python’s Spamalot” at 8:05 p.m. June 26-28 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, 6375 state Route 159. Tickets are $12.95 in advance or $20 at the gate. Visit supersummertheatre.org.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild, 7055 S. Fort Apache Road, plans Dive ‘n’ Movies from 8 to 10 p.m. every Friday through Aug. 22 at the Red Rock Bay wave pool. The park is set to offer twilight admission from 4 p.m. to closing for $19.95. General admission costs $39.99. Visit wetnwildlasvegas.com/events/upcoming-events-.asp.
- “The Magic School Bus Kicks Up A Storm” exhibit is scheduled to visit the Discovery Children’s Museum, 360 Promenade Place, through Sept. 1. Visit discoverykidslv.org.
- The city of Henderson is scheduled to host its annual Fourth of July Celebration at 6 p.m. July 4 at Mission Hills Park, 551 E. Mission Drive. The event is expected to feature entertainment, concessions and an 18-minute fireworks show. Admission is free. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- Station Casinos plans its “We Love Locals July 4th Fireworks Blast” show at 9 p.m. July 4 at Green Valley Ranch Resort, 2300 Paseo Verde Parkway. The nine-minute fireworks show is set to be produced by the Grucci’s of New York. Visit sclv.com.
- Boulder City is scheduled to host its 66th annual Damboree Celebration starting at 7 a.m. July 4. The daylong event is set to start with a pancake breakfast at 7 a.m. at Bicentennial Park, 1100 Colorado St., and include entertainment, games, a parade at 9 a.m. and a fireworks show starting at 9 p.m. Visit bcnv.org/?q=node/724.
- Clark County pools are set to offer free swimming from noon to 4 p.m. July 4. Locations include the Cambridge Water Park, 3930 Cambridge St.; the Desert Breeze Aquatic Facility, 8275 Spring Mountain Road; the Hollywood Aquatic Center, 1550 S. Hollywood Blvd.; Paradise Water Park, 4775 McLeod Drive; the Parkdale Water Park, 3200 Ferndale St.; and the Walnut Water Park; 3075 N. Walnut Road. Call 702-455-7716 or 702-455-8508.
- The Cowabunga Bay water park, 900 Galleria Drive, is slated to open July 4. Visit cowabungabay.com/LasVegas.
- An opening reception for the photo exhibit “Sign of the Tymes” is scheduled at 7 p.m. July 9 at the Henderson Multigenerational Center, 250 S. Green Valley Parkway. The exhibit featured works from Karen DiSorbo, who captures the nostalgia of Las Vegas. Admission is free. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- Birding Under the Stars is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. July 12 at the Henderson Bird Preserve, 350 E. Galleria Drive. Residents are expected to have a staff tour of the preserve to check out nightlife. Admission is $14. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- “Sinatra Forever” is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. July 12 at the M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South. The performancing, starring Rick Michel, is set to feature a 24-piece orchestra. Tickets start at $19.99. Visit the themresort.com.
- The city of Henderson is scheduled to host Cosmic Swim events from 8 to 10 p.m. July 18 and Aug. 1 at the Henderson Multigenerational Center, 250 S. Green Valley Parkway. A twist on cosmic bowling, the pool is set to change colors throughout the evening. Music and games including diving for glow gear are planned. Admission is $5. Visit cityofhenderson.com/parks.
- Galaxy Green Valley Luxury + movie theater, 4500 E. Sunset Road, plans a classics series. Films scheduled include “The Breakfast Club,” Aug. 24; “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Oct. 19; and “Home Alone,” Dec. 7. Tickets are $7 or $15 for two tickets and a large popcorn. Visit galaxytheaters.com.
- New Vista plans wine walks in which patrons can sample up to 20 wines hosted by Southern Wine & Spirits Nevada and Lee’s Discount Liquor from 7 to 10 p.m. Sept. 6 and Oct. 25 at The Village at Lake Las Vegas. Tickets are $25. Visit newvistanv.org.
- The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St., plans a youth summer dance camp from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays from July 7 to Aug. 1. The camp is designed for intermediate and advanced dancers ages 12 to 18. Registration is $200. Call 702-229-6383.
- Super Summer Theatre plans performances of “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” at 8:05 p.m. July 9-12, 16-19 and 23-26 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, 6375 state Route 159. Tickets are $12.95 in advance or $20 at the gate. Visit supersummertheatre.org.
- The Las Vegas Little Theatre, 3920 Schiff Drive, plans performances of “Really Rosie” from July 11-27. Shows are scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $25. Visit lvlt.org.
- Super Summer Theatre plans performances of “Shrek the Musical” at 8:05 p.m. Aug. 6-9, 13-16 and 20-23 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, 6375 state Route 159. Tickets are $12.95 in advance or $20 at the gate. Visit supersummertheatre.org.
Share Your News
Send information about upcoming Henderson community events to email@example.com.