The Review-Journal again is compiling a directory of Las Vegas Valley bars that cater to fans of specific NFL teams.
And, like any sport, it’s important to know the rules.
To be listed, the owner or manager of a qualifying bar must call us to provide the information we need.
• The bar must cater to a specific NFL team, and show only its team’s games while that team is playing. This directory is meant for hard-core fans who don’t want to be distracted by other games. So, we don’t include sports bars, sports books, casinos, bars or rooms inside casinos, or anyplace else where other games are being shown while the favored team’s game is being broadcast.
• The bar must show every single game its specific team plays. And the only way to do that is for it to subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket satellite TV package.
• The bar has to offer food and/or drink specials during its favored team’s games. Bar owners or managers must give us details — including prices — of food/drink specials that will be in effect during their team’s games. We’ll list only game-time specials, and not regularly priced menu or bar items.
• We’ll include details about giveaways — footballs, caps, whatever — that will be conducted during the favored team’s games, but we won’t list any gaming-related giveaways or promotions.
• Finally, this information must come from a bar’s owner or manager — no bartenders, waitresses, other employees — and only via a one-on-one phone conversation with reporter John Przybys at 383-0280. No press releases, e-mails, faxes, letters, voice-mail messages or secondhand messages will be accepted.
Calls will be accepted between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The deadline for calls will be 4 p.m. Aug. 21.
The listing will be published Aug. 31. The NFL season kicks off Sept. 4 with a Redskins-Giants matchup.