Boy killed, 3 wounded in east valley brawl
September 5, 2015 - 4:45 pm
A boy was slain and three other people were wounded in a shootout after a brawl at an east valley park early Saturday morning, Las Vegas police said.
Metro and medical crews were called to a vehicle near the intersection of Desert Inn Road and Hollywood Boulevard about 2:40 a.m. where they found a boy, age unknown, with multiple gunshot wounds, police said in a news release. He died at the scene.
While investigating, police found that three other people had also been shot but traveled to area hospitals on their own, police said. They were expected to survive.
There was a "large" fight during a "large gathering" at a park in the 5000 block of Hollywood, police said. Shots rang out as attendees dispersed.
No arrests had been made and there were no further reports of other people being wounded as of Saturday night. Police haven't determined a motive for the shooting.
The boy and his age will be released by the Clark County coroner's office. This was the 83rd homicide in Metro's jurisdiction for 2015.
Anyone with information on the shooting can contact Metro at 702-828-3521 or homicide@lvmpd.com. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or www.crimestoppersofnv.com.
Contact Ricardo Torres at rtorres@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @rickytwrites.