84°F
weather icon Clear

Fire at Checkers confined to grill

Nobody was hurt after a grill caught fire at a fast food restaurant in the central Las Vegas Valley Wednesday morning.

Las Vegas Fire Department responded to the fire call at a Checkers, 1900 E. Charleston Blvd., about 1 a.m. Public information officer Tim Szymanski said a stove’s gas line was hit while it was being cleaned.

The fire was contained to the grill, Szymanski said, adding utilities were shut off.

The Fire Department worked the call for about an hour.

Contact Mike Shoro at mshoro@reviewjournal.com. Follow @mike_shoro on Twitter.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST
1 hurt in central Las Vegas shooting, police say

Police are investigating after someone was shot while walking near a central Las Vegas Valley intersection. Two men walked up and fired, and they escaped in a red, four-door sedan.