58°F
weather icon Clear

Chemical mixture at Massachusetts restaurant kills employee

BURLINGTON, Mass. — Massachusetts authorities say a Buffalo Wild Wings employee has died and eight others have been hospitalized following a chemical mixture at the restaurant.

WHDH-TV reports officials responded Thursday night to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area of the Burlington restaurant where they found a male employee suffering from nausea.

Burlington police say they think the employee inhaled fumes from a cleaning agent.

The employee, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital where he later died.

Two other employees and six patrons checked themselves into hospitals.

A statement from the restaurant says they are “shocked and saddened” and are cooperating with the investigation.

Authorities evacuated the restaurant and urged anyone who was inside at the time to get medical treatment, if needed.

The restaurant will remain closed while the investigation continues.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST
Venice sees record 3rd exceptional tide within week

In Venice, many store owners in the swanky area around St. Mark’s completely emptied their shops.

Parents, 3 sons die in apparent murder-suicide in San Diego

A husband and wife and three of their young children died Saturday morning at the family’s San Diego home in what police believe was a murder-suicide sparked by a bitter divorce.

White House budget official offers impeachment testimony

House impeachment investigators met in private Saturday with a White House budget official as the historic inquiry produces new testimony.

Officials seek why ‘regular kid’ would open fire in Calif. school shooting

Investigators worked to figure out why a boy known as a “regular kid” opened fire outside a Southern California high school on his 16th birthday, killing two students and wounding more before turning the gun on himself.