Hundreds found instant employment during a recent large-scale job fair at the Las Vegas Convention Center, according to Clark County Commissioner Jim Gibson.
Shea joined the Las Vegas Review-Journal in November 2018 to cover City Hall and Clark County. He previously spent six years at the Desert Dispatch and Daily Press newspapers located in the High Desert of Southern California, where he covered politics at city, county and state levels. Shea has won three California Newspaper Publishers Association awards for his work. In 2018 he was a California Journalism Awards finalist for investigative reporting. He is an unapologetic Chicago sports fan, excluding only the White Sox.
A new establishment is being developed around the iconic neon cowboy.
The mandate from the county commission during an emergency meeting Tuesday comes as the lawmakers try to slow a rise in COVID-19 cases.
The number of new cases was the highest three-day total since the state halted weekend reporting of COVID-19 data in mid-April.
The Asian-American Pacific Islanders Community Commission serves as a liaison between the community and county lawmakers. Applications are due Wednesday.
A health official said California residents, particularly the unvaccinated, should rethink traveling to Nevada or other states where COVID-19 cases are high.
Las Vegas Councilwoman Victoria Seaman repeated Wednesday that FBI agents visited City Hall to discuss Councilwoman Michele Fiore. Fiore says it is “highly questionable.”
The Rev. Russ Smethers was inside his Las Vegas home when he was stabbed 21 times in March by an assailant wielding a butcher knife.
Among witnesses interviewed by agents was City Councilwoman Victoria Seaman, who had a falling-out with Fiore last summer.
In the middle of a record heat wave, where temperatures have remained blistering overnight, an outdoor shelter for homeless people in Las Vegas is not working.
In less than two months, the county must submit a plan for spending nearly a half-billion dollars in federal pandemic aid. Beginning Tuesday it will seek feedback from the public.
The city adopted dangerous building standards in 1995. Many repeat offenders have since escaped being torn down.
The deal will cost the county $32 million in its first year and between $10 million to $16 million annually over the subsequent two years.