The Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Academic Excellence program is designed to recognize 1st thru 12th grade students in Southern Nevada who exhibit academic achievement, community involvement, citizenship and leadership in and out of the classroom.
To be eligible, a student must demonstrate some or all of the following pillars:
- Academic Excellence
- Extracurricular Activity/Community Service
Nomination Deadline: Friday, April 12, 2019 at 5 p.m.
1.Students can be nominated by their Teachers, Principals, Coaches, Family Members, Friends, School Administrators, Non-Profit Organizations, anyone that knows a great academic all star.
2.Nominations are open to all students in Southern Nevada; i.e. public, private, charter, magnet.
3.A student may be nominated at any time during the 2018-2019 school year.
4.Nomination forms can be found on the Las Vegas Review-Journal website and in print at the main reception desk of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, 1111 W. Bonanza Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89106. Nominations to be received by Friday, April 12, 2019 at 5 p.m.
5.There will be an independent panel of judges to determine the Academic Excellence Award recipients in each grade level.
6.Winners will be announced at the Academic Excellence Award Banquet on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 and listed in the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Sunday, May 12, 2019.
- Custom Academic Excellence Award
- $500 scholarship to each Academic Excellence Award recipient
- $500 to a school program, as designated by each Academic Excellence Award recipient
- Six (6) reserved seats at the Academic Excellence Award Banquet to be held on Wednesday, May 8, 2019