British TV star chef Robert Irvine’s American pub Public House opened to the public Thursday at Tropicana after two days of soft openings for friends and family.
The Food Network star (“Restaurant: Impossible,” “Dinner: Impossible,” “Worst Cooks in America”) is an avid supporter of the military; Irvine himself enlisted in The United Kingdom’s Royal Navy at age 15.
Public House seats 275 guests in its nearly 9,000 square feet of space that includes an open kitchen. Public House features comfort food options inspired by Irvine’s travels.Highlights include:
- Fork and knife burger (Vermont sharp cheddar fondue, mushrooms, onions, smoked bacon, brioche roll)
- Chicken fried duck confit (maple and sherry vinegar, braised kale and chard, buttery Sriracha sauce)
- Stone fired shepherd’s pie (ground lamb, onion, English peas, mashed potato crust)
- English banoffee pie (banana, toffee, espresso ice cream)
- Mason jar apple pie (5-year aged cheddar, vanilla ice cream)
Public House features more than 32 beers on tap, 30 by the bottle, wines by the glass or bottle and more than a dozen signature cocktails that include Patron cocktails, featuring Patron Reposada and Anejo selected by Irvine at Patron Hacienda, such as El Karma and The Patroni.
Healthy-inspired cocktails made with Irvine’s organic Boardroom Spirits include Cranberry Caipiroska and Beet Down.
Muscle-bound Irvine, who has nearly 30 years of culinary experience and has been married to Gail Kim since 2012, hosted media events and a “Robert Irvine Live” event for fans, pop-up dinner and summer cookout dine-around at Sky Beach Club at Tropicana leading up to Public House’s opening.
Robert Irvine’s Public House is open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.