It’s an embarrassment of riches: not one music festival with super music stars but two of them! It could only happen in Las Vegas! And it includes Miley Cyrus, Pink, Coldplay, Kings of Leon and Harry Styles in one lineup and Cage The Elephant, Lorde, Muse and Blink 182 for the other.
The two-day IHeart Radio Music Festival — complete with country king Chris Stapleton — is so big at the T-Mobile Arena that pop fans across the country will be able to hear it live-streamed in more than 150 markets and then watch it as a two-night TV special on the CW network Oct. 4 and 5.
The art and music Life is Beautiful festival runs for three days — complete with Bill Nye, the Science Guy — and sprawls over six different stages throughout 18 downtown street blocks with more than 100 performers, food trucks, chefs and artists. Where else but Las Vegas could you lie back to enjoy the tasty treats of celebrity chef Rick Moonen’s RM Seafood and simultaneously bop along to Wiz Khalifa?
Little wonder that fans have flown in from as far as the East Coast for this extravaganza of 21st culture, which between the two events will attract more than 150,000 ticket buyers.
You’d be very wrong if you thought those two blockbuster events were the only games in town this weekend. In addition to our regular residencies we have a dozen and more other attractions: British crooner, Engelbert Humperdinck brings his 50th anniversary tour to The Orleans showroom for two nights starting Saturday. His staggering half-century career of 64 gold albums and 35 platinum albums has resulted in sales of more than 140 million records worldwide. He’s been rocking at the top spot of the charts ever since the 1970s when “After the Lovin’ ” became a Top Ten single here. “Release Me,” which hit No. 1 in 11 countries in the 1960s was in the Top 50 UK charts for 56 straight weeks!
It’s such a massive list of shows and events lets get straight to the Royal Robin Rundown of everything that’s happening:
• Life is Beautiful with Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Weeknd and DJ David Guetta at Downtown Las Vegas run all weekend.
• Il Divo at The Venetian for two days.
• Wes Winters for two days, Vanessa LeGrand for one night and The Lettermen all weekend — all at the South Point.
• Ricky Martin at Park Theater at Monte Carlo for two days.
• Celine Dion returns at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
• Jefferson Starship at Golden Nugget.
• Morgan Heritage at Brooklyn Bowl in the Linq.
• Richard Cheese and Lounge Against The Machine at Red Rock Resort.
• Fourplay at The Smith Center for two days.
• Masters of Puppets: Metallica Tribute at Vinyl at Hard Rock.
• The Dirty at South Point.
• Kathleen Dunbar at Hard Rock Hotel all weekend.
• Scoopfest Comedy and Conversation at The Space all weekend.
Tickets on Sale:
• Bebe Rexha & Marx E Bassy at Palms, Nov. 18.
• STYX & Don Felder at The Venetian Jan. 26-Feb. 3.
• “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” all weekend at The Smith Center with afternoon matinees and evening performances.
• Andalusian World Cup at South Point all weekend.
• iHeart Radio Music Festival at T-Mobile Arena.
• Super Stocks, Dwarf Cars, Coupes, Bombers and more at Pahrump Valley Speedway for two days.
• 53rd annual Pahrump Fall Festival at Petrack Park all weekend.
• Official Life is Beautiful Daytime Pool Party at Downtown Grand all weekend.
• 2 Chainz – iHeart Radio after-party at 1 Oak Nightclub.
• Marc E Bassy at Jewel nightclub.
• Calvin Harris at Omnia nightclub.
• OB One at Heart of Omnia in Caesars Palace.
• Fergie DJ at Terrace at Omnia nightclub.
• Lil Jon at Hakkasan nightlcub.
• DJ Que at The Bank.
• DJ Shift at Wet Republic.
• Chase B at Liquid pool.
• DJ D-Miles at Bare pool.
• Breathe Carolina at Rehab Beachclub.
• Engelbert Humperdinck 50th anniversary tour at The Orleans for two days.
• Jazz princess Mindi Abair & The Boneshakers at The Foundry.
• Brian McKnight at Star of the Desert Arena in Primm.
• The Spazmatics at South Point.
• Danzig at Brooklyn Bowl.
• Al Di Meola at Club Madrid at Sunset Station.
• Tribute to The Blues Brothers at Sanders Family Winery in Pahrump.
• Jay White is Neil Diamond at Suncoast.
Tickets on sale:
• “Peppa Pig’s Surprise Live Stage Show,” April 8 at The Smith Center.
• “Exhibitionism” — The 54-year Rolling Stones life story exhibit opens at The Palazzo.
• Pigs for the Kids Charity BBQ Contest and Festival at Craig Ranch.
• Model beauty and music maven Pia Mia celebrates 21st birthday at Hyde in the Bellagio.
• DJ Wellman at 1 Oak nightclub.
• Zedd at Omnia nightclub.
• DJ D-Miles at Heart of Omnia.
• Jeff Retro on the Terrace at Omnia nightclub.
• Travis Scott at Hakkasan nightclub.
• Stretch at Ling Ling Club.
• MK at The Bank.
• Kaskade at Wet Republic.
• DJ Shift at Liquid pool.
• DJ Que at Bare pool.
• Metal Alliance Tour with Overkill, Crowbar, Havok and more at Brooklyn Bowl
• Conversations with Norm Clarke, former Review-Journal columnist and Raiding the Rock Vault stars Paul Shortino and Robin McAuley at The Smith Center
• Mark Eteson on the Terrace at Omnia nightclub and then at Hakkasan.
• Kid Conrad at The Bank.
• NGHTMRE at Wet Republic.
• Joseph Gettright at Liquid pool.
• Greg Lopez at Bare pool.
• Rehab Beach Club Sunday School Party at Rehab Beach Club.
Just remember it would be impossible to catch every act and show so choose your favorite genre wisely — and then just lay back to enjoy the extraordinary experience that only the World’s Entertainment Capital can provide.