Speaker: Daphne Evans from The Laurel Tree Companies, LLC
12:30 p.m. – Develop These Habits and Make A Better You
1:30 p.m. – Job Trends, Job Seeking and You
Northwest Career College
Crescent School of Gaming
Whittlesea Bell Transportation
Heavy Equipment College of California
Hilton Grand Vacations
Ed Bozarth Chevrolet
Transamerica Financial Advisors
Goodwill of Southern Nevada
Profl Institute of Technology
Cooper Roofing and Solar
Swissport USA Inc
American Institute of Trucking
Russian Truck Driving School
MGM Resorts International
Take a Break Travel
Clark County School District
- What should I wear to the job fair?
This is your chance to dress to impress your future colleagues. Please wear business or interview attire. Suits are acceptable for both men and women. If you don’t own a suit or skirt, a blouse or dress shirt paired with a pair of slacks are good options.
- Who should attend a job fair?
Anyone and everyone should attend a career fair! There are entry-level jobs as well as jobs for the busy executive.
- Why should I attend a job fair?
Our Job Fairs are the best kind of networking. There’s no guessing if a company has a job opening – you already know! Plus, it’s the perfect time to meet new people, and get to know what each employer has to offer. So take advantage!
- How many copies of my resume do I need to bring?
We recommend bringing at least 30 copies of your resume
- What companies and what positions will they have at the fair?
Please click on the “Attending Employers” link to see a full listing of the participating employers for this job fair. Each employer will specify which positions are available on their website or at their booth on the day of the fair.
- What should I bring?
Bring at least 30 copies of your resume, a portfolio or folder in which to carry your resumes and other materials, a notebook or planner to write down upcoming interviews or information sessions and a pen. It is not necessary to bring documentation showing your ability to work in the United States to the job fair.
- I have never been to a job fair. I’m here, now what should I do?
First, obtain an employer list and map. Next, circle the location of each company you are interested in on your map. Then, talk to each employer on your list. It’s that easy!
- Will the employers still ask me to apply online even if I attend the fair?
Yes, some of the larger corporations use online applications to track information like Diversity and number of job fair attendees that applied at this event. There are other employers that will use traditional paper applications and several companies will be hiring on the spot.
- All Job Fair Exhibitors take advantage of the $150,000 of promotional advertising space spent for each Las Vegas Job Fair. Advertising is designed and scheduled for print publications, the top local job board, lvrj.com and a mix of radio stations.
- Interview hundreds of candidates the day of the event.
- Network with other companies, like staffing agencies for access to more jobseekers.
- Brand recognition for your company is necessary for hiring the best applicants.
- Gain access to more bilingual candidates. We run extensive advertising schedules in El Tiempo.
- Meet the Community Partners who offer valuable employee and hiring assistance to area employers.
- Interview or training rooms upon request.
- For ad space, booth reservations and additional online advertising, call 702-224-5572.