• Name: Kim Smith
• Occupation: Action News Traffic Reporter Channel 13
• Occasion: At work on the traffic news set at Channel 13’s brand new station
• What kind of handbag? Jimmy Choo.
• How much did it cost? I’m not sure. It was a gift from one of my best friends, which makes it one of my favorites.
• Where did you get it? In the mail in a Fed Ex box.
• Tell us about the first handbag you ever bought. The first "real" handbag I bought was a Coach purse right after I got my first job in media and entertainment.
• Why did you choose this handbag today? This is the purse I carry to work every day because its large enough to fit everything I need in it, plus the kitchen sink.
• What do you like about this handbag? It’s big enough to hold everything, it was a gift from a friend, and the color because it matches almost everything.
• How many handbags do you own? Do I have to answer that? Actually, not many new ones. My favorites are the antique clutch purses my mother handed down to me that she carried around when she was in her 30s. I love the elegance of fashion from that time.
• What’s the most you ever paid for a handbag? The first bag I ever bought — the Coach — I can’t recall the price. Selective memory, I think…or perhaps denial…
• Image is … The dictionary defines image as a reflection. I think image is the energy you give from within yourself out to others, and how that reflects back, so I try to remain positive and follow life’s golden rule.
• What’s in your handbag?
There are usually a lot more than six items in my bag. But the six I had to narrow down to for this are (clockwise from top):
1. Cosmetic bag
2. A Roberto Coin jewelry case with an extra set of jewelry. I don’t know why.
3. An evening purse that was originally my mother’s. It’s about 30 years old. I can go from work to dinner and change bags from day to evening.
4. My Leatherman (Multi-Tool) that I’ve had forever.
5. "Night Fall" by Nelson Demille. I love to read, so I always have a book.
6. My cell phone.