Wondering where to eat this weekend? You could check out the Vegas foodies who were just nominated as semi-finalists for the 2015 James Beard Foundation chef and restaurant awards.
- Mitsuo Endo of Aburiya Raku is nominated for best chef in the west.
- Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres is nominated as best new restaurant.
- Claude Le Tohic of Joel Robuchon is nominated for outstanding chef.
- Salvatore Martone of L’Atelier Joel Robuchon is nominated for outstanding pastry chef.
- Elizabeth Blau of Honey Salt, Made L.V., Simon, and her upcoming Andiron Steak & Sea, is nominated for outstanding restaurateur.
- Joel Robuchon is nominated for outstanding service.
- Mathieu Chartron of Restaurant Guy Savoy is nominated for rising star of the year.
Finalists will be named March 24, with the awards handed out on May 4 in Chicago.
Bon app, everyone.
Contact Doug Elfman at email@example.com. He blogs at reviewjournal/elfman.