The 91-year-old Henderson man who died Tuesday morning in an electrical fire has been identified.
He was John Gilbert Duffin, according to the Clark County coroner’s office.
Duffin was in a bedroom at his residence on the 200 block of Basic Road when the fire broke out about 1:50 a.m., the Henderson Fire Department said.
The fire was reported by a passerby, and arriving crews saw heavy smoke coming from the single-story home’s attic vents, according to the department.
The total estimated loss is $85,000.
Contact Lawren Linehan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 702-383-0381. Follow @lawrenlinehan on Twitter.