77°F
weather icon Clear

‘Extremely’ drunk man sets himself on fire in central Las Vegas

A man was hospitalized early Monday morning after accidentally setting himself on fire in the central valley.

The man was “extremely intoxicated” when he caught fire about 2:40 a.m. near Rancho Drive and Washington Avenue, according to Metropolitan Police Department Lt. David Gordon.

The man told police he was smoking a cigarette before he realized he was on fire, Gordon said. His injuries were not life-threatening.

Contact Max Michor at 702-383-0365 or mmichor@reviewjournal.com. Follow @MaxMichor on Twitter.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST
Week in Pictures: June 16-June 22

Take a look at some of the most colorful pictures from Las Vegas Review-Journal photographers in the past week, including the restoration project at the Seven Magic Mountains sculpture off Interstate 15, the Stanley Cup at the MGM Grand, a Las Vegas Aces game, STEAM Camp and a devastating morning fire near the Las Vegas […]

 
Elvis performers rock Southern Nevada contest

More than 20 Elvis tribute artists from across the country, as well as Ontario, Canada, gathered in Mesquite over the weekend to pay tribute to the legendary king of rock ‘n’ roll, as well as compete for more than $10,000 in prize money.