50°F
weather icon Clear

Man hospitalized after fireworks exploded in hand

A man picking up fireworks was hospitalized after they exploded while he held them in Henderson Sunday afternoon, city officials said.

Authorities were called to the 2800 block of Bluegrass Lane, near Windmill Lane and Eastern Avenue, shortly before 5 p.m., Henderson spokesman Keith Paul said.

The man had injuries on the tips of two fingers and was taken to University Medical Center in a non-life-threatening condition, Paul said.

Contact Ricardo Torres at rtorres@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @rickytwrites.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST