ad-fullscreen

Two displaced after unattended candle starts fire in Henderson home

An unattended candle started a fire in a Henderson home Monday morning that displaced two people.

About 4:45 a.m., the Henderson Fire Department responded to the 100 block of Silica Sand Street, near Gibson Road and the 215 Beltway, the department said in a statement.

Arriving firefighters saw heavy smoke and fire coming from a single-story home’s roof. Firefighters brought the fire under control and extinguished it, the department said.

Several neighbors reported the fire, the department said. A female occupant was evaluated at the scene for minor blistering and released, the department said.

The fire displaced one adult and one juvenile, the department said; the American Red Cross is assisting.

The fire’s cause was determined an accident; damage is estimated at $350,000 for the structure and $25,000 for the contents, the department said.

Contact Christian Bertolaccini at cbertolaccini@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0381. Follow @bertolaccinic on Twitter.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like