Four people and two dogs were displaced early Sunday morning after a west valley garage blaze, according to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.
Firefighters were called to a home near Alta and Durango drives about 1:30 a.m., fire department spokesman Tim Szymanski said in a release.
The fire, which was deemed to have accidentally sparked in some trash cans inside the home’s garage, destroyed the room and a vehicle parked in it, Szymanski said. A utility trailer and an RV parked on the driveway were also ravaged.
It took firefighters 15 minutes to fight the blaze that also damaged part of the house, Szymanski said. Cost of the fire’s damage was estimated at $150,000.
There were no injuries reported and fire alarms were credited with the destruction not being greater, Szymanski said. The family of four was being aided by the Nevada Red Cross.
Contact Ricardo Torres at email@example.com and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @rickytwrites