Las Vegas is spoiled for tacos. If you disagree, you haven’t looked — beyond chains with weird breakfast foods, the Las Vegas valley is sprinkled with delicious Mexican cuisine ranging from 5-star restaurants on the Strip to a fan-favorite cart just above Downtown Las Vegas.
We asked our Facebook fans where to get the best tacos in town for Cinco de Mayo — which, in case you didn’t know, is not a celebration of Mexico’s independence, but instead started around the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
There are a bunch of restaurants with Cinco de Mayo specials for a nice night out, but if you need to satisfy a taco craving and want to skip the Bell, here’s where you can go:
El Dorado Cantina 3025 S Industrial Rd
- With the most votes and mentions, El Dorado took the top spot for best taco in Las Vegas from our Facebook fans. “Not only are they the best tasting tacos I’ve had here, they’re also non-GMO and organic,” Nick Bowden said.
Taqueria El Buen Pastor corner of Bonanza Road and Las Vegas Boulevard
- If you’re worried about food carts to the point of avoidance, this is one you should give a try. “That cart on Vegas Blvd and Bonanza is incredible,” Nathan Casper said on Facebook. “We drive all the way up from Southpoint area to eat there.” That’s dedication.
Los Tacos 1710 E Charleston Blvd & 4001 W. Sahara Ave
- Los Tacos’ Charleston location can be hard to miss among the seeming dozen other taquerias in the area, but they beat out all the others on town on Facebook for a spot in the top 10. Plus, they have a drive-thru.
Tacos and Beer 3900 Paradise Rd
- It’s no secret what their specialty is at Tacos and Beer. Jon Buchanan put his vote in for them on Facebook, saying “Amazing food and not expensive. Huge beer list. Good atmosphere too!”
Taco y Taco 3430 E Tropicana Ave & 9470 S Eastern Ave
- Both of their locations, one just blocks away from University of Nevada, Las Vegas and the other on Eastern Ave among a long block of restaurants, are almost always busy. “Cool pick up area and food stations,” said Carlos Canul on Facebook. “You build as you go, choosing from different stuff. Also Mexican beer selection is very good.”
Tacos el Gordo 1724 E Charleston Blvd & 3260 Losee Rd
- Tacos el Gordo can almost be called a legendary Las Vegas taco spot. While the popular Las Vegas Strip location near the Peppermill recently closed, their other two locations are thriving, serving up tacos with almost any meat you can imagine. Try to get to their Charleston location early, fans say, or enjoy waiting in a long line.
Jalisco’s Cantina 3460 E Sunset Rd
- Among a large menu featuring all sorts of Hispanic dishes, our Facebook fans said this Henderson restaurant takes basic tacos and make them extra special — including the Del Campo, made with beer-battered avocado, jicama slaw, pico de gallo and lime crema.
Frijoles Grilled Tacos 7000 W Charleston Blvd
- “Seriously the best!” is what Charlie Nicole had to say. Can’t beat that.