Planning to go out for Christmas dinner in Las Vegas? Here are a few recommendations for offerings that are a little offbeat:
1. For a holiday dinner with a French touch, DB Brasserie at the Venetian will serve chestnut Veloute ($18), seared foie gras ($23), beef tenderloin with fresh black truffles ($43), stuffed apple beignets ($14) and an authentic Buche de Noel ($14), with a three-course prix-fixe option ($69).
2. Ri Ra at Mandalay Place will flavor Christmas dinner with a touch of the Auld Sod with roasted turkey and gravy with sage and onion stuffing, baby boiled potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrot and parsnip mash ($20.95) or ham glazed with orange juice, clove and honey with green beans, smashed potato, Jameson honey-glazed carrots and house-made cranberry sauce ($19.95), with Irish Soda Bread Pudding for dessert ($6.95).
3. For a more seafood-centric dinner, the Seafood Shack at Tresure Island will serve a Chistmas paella with lobster, shrimp, chicken, clams, mussels, sausage and saffron rice, preceded by oyster bisque and duck-confit empanadas with mango salsa and followed by Black Forest Bread Pudding ($49.95 prix-fixe).
4. Prefer something more traditional? You can’t miss with Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak at the Mirage, which will serve spiced Christmas goose with balsamic-glazed endive and chestnuts ($49), preceded by a roasted-beet salad with apple and pomegranate ($18) and followed by a hot chocolate souffle with candy cane ice cream ($14), or $76 prix-fixe.
5. Or, for a dinner that mixes traditional and New American, Aurole at Mandalay Bay will serve a verbena-poached Maine lobster salad, caramelized diver scallop and black winter truffles, Sonoma squab and Hudson Valley foie gras, roasted New Zealand Cervena rack of venison and milk chocolate and cara cara orange Buche de Noel. It’s $85 prix-fixe in the main dining room, $95 in Swan Court, with wine pairings $55.
Oh, and if you want to eat in but don’t want to cook, you can get a Turkey A Go Go dinner at Hash House A Go Go’s Sahara Avenue location (order by noon Monday) or a Prime Rib Feast or Brunch Feast from any Marie Callender’s location. …
Contact reporter Heidi Knapp Rinella at email@example.com or 702-383-0474.