68°F
weather icon Partly Cloudy

Electrical house fire displaces Henderson family

An electrical house fire displaced a Henderson family and caused almost $400,000 in damage Monday afternoon, officials said.

Fire crews were called about 4:15 p.m. to a single-story house on West Rochell Drive, near the intersection of Van Wagenen Street and Pacific Avenue, Henderson’s Fire Department said.

The family, three adults and two children, left the house with two pets when neighbors told them about smoke coming out of the roof, the Fire Department said. First responders rescued a dog that wasn’t injured.

No one was injured and investigators determined the fire was an accident and electrical, the Fire Department said. Total loss was estimated at $395,000.

Contact Ricardo Torres at rtorres@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @rickytwrites

 

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST