MGM Resorts International’s plans to build a community center on concert grounds targeted by a gunman nearly two years ago drew praise from some, but left others chagrined by a move to use the site for a temporary parking lot.
In a lawsuit against an insurance company, MGM Resorts International said more than 4,000 people are seeking compensation for claims related to the shooting. MGM is disputing any liability, and is “vigorously defending itself in all of the cases,” it said in the lawsuit.
In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, MGM Resorts International says it has $800 million available to shooting victims and hopes to settle claims by May 2020.
The United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation ruled Wednesday that the lawsuits do not contain “sufficiently numerous” or “complex common questions” to justify consolidation.
The Mandalay Bay digital sign went dark for about four minutes around 10 p.m. on October 1, 2018 and came back to display “#VegasStronger” for at least 30 minutes. Some Las Vegas shooting survivors expected more, however.
Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling says, “For every bad story you heard there are three stories about the humanity of Las Vegas.”
President Donald Trump sent his “thoughts and prayers” to the victims of last year’s mass shooting in Las Vegas that left 58 dead “exactly one year ago today.”
An increased number of security guards stood by the elevator bank Monday.
January marked three months since the Oct. 1 Las Vegas shooting that changed the Melanson sisters’ lives. Now they faced a pivotal time for their growing business, balanced with their mom’s hospital stay and their own physical and emotional healing.
MGM Resorts International said Tuesday that it could donate as much as $1 million to Oct. 1 – related charities if lawyers for Mandalay Bay shooting victims accept lawsuit notices on behalf of nearly 2,000 clients.